New this Week:
US 6 and I-25: Each night during the overnight hours, commuters should be aware of various lane closures in both directions on I-25 near US 6 as work continues to construct the new US 6 bridge over I-25. This overnight work will take place between the hours of 8:00 p.m. and 5:30 a.m. each night. No overnight work on I-25 will occur on Saturdays.
Knox Court Bridge: Work is occurring nightly, from 7 p.m. to 5:30 a.m., in both directions on US 6 at the new Knox Court bridge as reconstruction continues. There will be various lane closures associated with this work, which will include pouring the new bridge deck the night of Tuesday, April 22. The bridge is scheduled to reopen in May.
Commuters are advised to use caution and drive carefully through the new traffic alignment on US 6. Lanes have been narrowed slightly and the posted speed limit reduced to 45 mph.
Ongoing traffic impacts currently in place:
- 5th and Decatur drainage line installation: Daily, during the hours of 7 a.m. to 5 p.m., commuters should be on the lookout for various lane closures in either direction on 5th Avenue for continued drainage line installation.
- The Knox Court bridge over US 6 is now closed for about three months for reconstruction. Motorists should use Perry Street to cross over US 6.
- The Lowell on-ramp to eastbound US 6 is also closed and there could be periodic short-term closures of the westbound US 6 off-ramp to Lowell while this bridge is being rebuilt.
- The Bryant Street on and off-ramps are also closed for about one year for construction of the collector-distributor roads on both sides of US 6.
- The northbound I-25 off-ramp to eastbound US 6 is closed for approximately six months while crews reconstruct the ramp and bridge over the BNSF railroad tracks. To detour around this closure, northbound I-25 motorists should exit at 8th Avenue and go east to Kalamath, then go south on Kalamath to US 6.
- All lanes on Federal Boulevard have been narrowed and southbound Federal is reduced to two lanes as efforts are under way to rebuild this bridge over US 6.