Design and Construction Project Support
The Design & Construction Support Site has changed. It still contains the same information. Please use our search function if you cannot locate the document you are looking for.
The Design and Construction Project Support Section contains information about Standards and Specifications used during the design and construction of CDOT projects. There are also design aids, Construction Bulletins, Special Provisions, and Support Software.
Please reference the Quick Links located to the left to navigate. Below is a brief outline indicating what information can be found within those links listed in alphabetical order.
- American Recovery and Reinvestment Act: (ARRA) Related Documents.
- Accelerated Bridge Construction Documents: To see if ABC is recommended or not.
- Construction Specifications: This area contains standard specifications appropriate for use on CDOT construction Projects and revisions thereto. The 2011 Standard Specifications are now available and should be used on all projects advertised on or after May 03, 2011.
- Bulletins and Manuals: Links to various Design Manuals & Guides, Construction Bulletins.
- Miscellaneous Design Documents: Library of CDOT Sample Sheets, Safety Selection Guide and other documents not related to any of the above categories.
- Other Specifications: ITS, FIPI, Material Specificiations Checklist, Pilot Project Special Provisions.
- Policy Memos: Various Policy Memos as well as Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) Accessibility Requirements in CDOT Transportation Projects.
- M&S Standard Plans: The M Standard Plans and the S Standard Plans.
- CADD, Engineering Design Processes, and ProjectWise: This website contains CDOT's CADD (MicroStation/InRoads), and ProjectWise documents, Consultant Access Info, Software Upgrades, CADD and ProjectWise Training Videos and Materials, CDOT's CADD Drafting and ProjectWise Manuals, Workflows, Tips and Tricks, a Library of Detail Drawings, Software Configurations, and other related resources.
- Innovative Contracting and Design - Build: A process of systematic decision-making, risk identification and allocation, identification of goals and objectives, identification and development of strategies, and creation of a competitive procurement environment.
- CDOT & Local Agency
- Materials and Geotechnical: Bulletins, Manuals, Policy and Procedures, Guidelines, Misc. documents, and Archived references.
- Software / Support Information: Links to information on Engineering Applications, Trans*port, SiteManager.
- Water Quality Control: FAQs, Special Provisions, Bulletins, Memos, SWMP.
To check availability of CDOT publications for sale, please contact CDOT Bid Plans at 303-757-9313. To see the list of CDOT publications for sale, please click here.
Questions about the use of Design & Construction Support should be directed to CDOT's Standards and Specifications Unit:
Working with Local Government
In keeping with Governor Hickenlooper's Executive Order D2011-005, CDOT engages in extensive public outreach at the outset of each rule making process, involving state and local entities and individuals in the development of the rules.